Need Help with Secondary Schools in Dublin

General topic discussion forum
aalzi
Antispam: No

Need Help with Secondary Schools in Dublin

Post by aalzi » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:47 am

Hi All,

I am soon moving to Dublin with a 15 year old and was wondering if there are fellow members who can help me with some suggestion on Secondary schools in Dublin.

I have browsed through the information available on schooling system and also the Schools league table, but will be great if someone can provide some information or suggestion based on experience.

Regards
Aalzi

girish_m
Seasoned Member
Antispam: No

Re: Need Help with Secondary Schools in Dublin

Post by girish_m » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:02 pm

@aalzi

There are a good number of secondary schools in Dublin. You may want to do a google search and shortlist few schools depending on your preference for boys only, girls only or a co-ed school. Once you do that reach out to the schools over email/ phone to check on the vacancies as the new academic session has already started. Also, the school admission here works on the catchment concept and therefore you may also want to in parallel shortlist the areas to rent accommodation in proximity of the schools that you liked.

Also, your child is likely to go to Junior Cycle, 3rd year. Its a critical year and depending on your child wanting to opt for the transition year or not, you have the option of may be trying for admission in Junior Cycle, 2nd year to allow more time to the child to settle in the new environment. I am sorry for the additional google searches that you have to do now !

Thanks,

Girish