Contract termination by employer before 12 months on CSEP, not redundancy

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
Madmax
Antispam: No

Contract termination by employer before 12 months on CSEP, not redundancy

Post by Madmax » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:13 am

Hello,

I am caught in a unique situation. I was dismissed by my employer right before my probation ended stating they were not happy with my performance. In the letter they gave me they mentioned the same. It's not redundancy. I assumed the same procedure for redundancy applied and sent a copy of the letter that my employer provided, redundancy form and work permit to DBEI. Today I got a response from DBEI and they said my employment was terminated for reasons other than redundancy. If I am claiming redundancy I should provide a letter from my employer stating the same. In the meantime I got a job offer and they have agreed to file for a new CSEP. My questions are:

1. Will the new CSEP be treated as changing employer under exceptional circumstances? Or will they outright reject it?
2. My stamp 1 is valid till May next year. Does the redundancy rule of finding a new job before 6 months from date of redundancy still apply to me?

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated. I called the call centre multiple times and they are not able to answer the question.

Madmax

Re: Contract termination by employer before 12 months on CSEP, not redundancy

Post by Madmax » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:59 pm

Hello,

This is an old thread but maybe this will help someone in need. The new CESP was issued without any issues. No issues with stamp 1 as well because I have renewed it twice now without any issues.

Long story short, if you lose your job on CESP other than redundancy then you have 6 months to find a new job and get a new work permit.

Sashay

Post by Sashay » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:47 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your post and I’m happy things worked out for you in the end.

I’m in the same situation and would like to know if you have any idea what my options are if I fail to get another sponsor within the six months.

Your response will be greatly appreciated.

Sashay

Post by Sashay » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:02 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your post and I’m happy things worked out for you in the end.

I’m in the same situation and would like to know if you have any idea what my options are if I fail to get another sponsor within the six months.

Your response will be greatly appreciated.