Discussion about General Employment Permit

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
lucky48
Seasoned Member
Antispam: No

Discussion about General Employment Permit

Post by lucky48 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:34 am

Hi All,

One of Irish company is ready to giving me an offer of employment. I fall under General Employment Permit category. I have 3 queries about the permit.

1. Labor market need test is mandatory for General Employment Permit. In October 2019 this Irish Company published an advertisement at EURES but they were unable to find out the candidate from local or foreign national. So, my query is that the Irish company needs to advertise the same post at EURES again or that previous advertisement should be valid ?

2. As contract period in Critical Skills Employment Permit must be for minimum 24 months. Please confirm me that is there any minimum contract period in General Employment permit or not ? As I see at the fee page of Employment Permit Site, the fee for 6 months or less is 500 Euros and more than 6 months is 1000 Euros.

3. In this work permit I have to pay the fee for General Employment Permit. And I do not want to take risk for higher amount. So, please guide me can I go with 6 months contract initially and pay 500 Euros ? After that when I will be in Ireland then I can renew my contract after 6 months.

It is requested to please clear my queries so that I can discuss further with my employer. Please share your knowledge.

Best Regards,

lucky48
Seasoned Member

Re: Discussion about General Employment Permit

Post by lucky48 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:58 am

Hi,
Anyone here to reply on the above post....

fahad

Re: Discussion about General Employment Permit

Post by fahad » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Did you got the permit ??