Urgent Help - Filling Joint Family Application

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
sugarpop167
Antispam: No

Urgent Help - Filling Joint Family Application

Post by sugarpop167 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:58 am

Hello,
I have a small issue if someone can guide me.

I am Irish Citizenship holder and i want to apply Spouse/Family visa for my wife and 2 Minor kids.

I was going through the online application where it mentioned that...

" A separate online Visa/Preclearance application must be completed for each dependent intending to travel whether they hold their own passport or are included on yours. A Visa/Preclearance processing fee is payable for each individual application"

Now my question is okay i will fill in three seperate online applications One for wife and two seperate for Minos. But when i will submit the documents at VFS Global/Gerry’s in relation to the family applications, Should i make three seperate documented files or all the documents will be in one pack with the mother ? Because kids are Minor's ? I am quite confused. Any Suggestions will Help alot.

Regards

chandramohan712
Seasoned Member

Re: Urgent Help - Filling Joint Family Application

Post by chandramohan712 » Mon May 03, 2021 1:29 pm

Hi
I have same question. Can you please guide me on this matter?
Thanks in advance for your response.

girish_m
Seasoned Member

Post by girish_m » Mon May 03, 2021 2:02 pm

Hello @sugarpop167/ chandramohan712,

For making Visa appointment at VFS, you will be visiting the link - https://www.vfsvisaonline.com/IrelandSh ... /Home.aspx

Your wife would be making the application. Here is how it works - after you take the appointment for the first person (your wife in this case), you get to add more members to the "shopping cart" and in this way you get a single slot for appointment. Try the booking process and this will be clear to you. I hope you have already applied online for the visa and have all information like - Visa Application Reference/Transaction Number handy with you. If due to covid, there is a restriction on the number of people per appointment (e.g., when I was applying there was limit of max 2 people per appointment), do not worry and take an additional slot on the same day (may be consecutive slots). Once at the VFS facility, you can explain the situation. I found VFS to be very accommodative and helpful.

You need to make only a single file for your wife and two minor children. Children who are under 5 years of age are exempt from the requirement to provide their biometric information. Therefore, they do not need to attend at the visa application centre. However, their parent /legal guardian or other adult must make an appointment to attend at the visa application centre for the purpose of submitting the documentation relating to their visa application.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Girish

chandramohan712
Seasoned Member

Post by chandramohan712 » Mon May 03, 2021 2:10 pm

Thanks Girish for swift reponse.

chandramohan712
Seasoned Member

Post by chandramohan712 » Mon May 03, 2021 10:09 pm

Hi Girish
Need one more clarity. Is it require to submit letter of invitation for join family visa?
Thanks