Critical Skills Reapply

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
asdf
Antispam: No

Critical Skills Reapply

Post by asdf » Wed May 12, 2021 2:23 pm

Hi,

I had critical skills permit, but I left Ireland within one year due to family reasons, but now I want to go back. Can another sponsor critical skills for me, considering I didn't finish one year with my old employer? My wife also has critical skills permit. Shall I move back on a dependent visa?

girish_m
Seasoned Member

Re: Critical Skills Reapply

Post by girish_m » Sun May 16, 2021 5:20 pm

@asdf : In my view, moving back on a dependent visa would be the fastest way to re-enter Ireland.

All employment permits are employer and location specific. Therefore, you can also try for fresh critical skills work permit through another employer. However, note that -

"while the job offer must be of 2 years’ duration, the foreign national is expected to stay with the initial employer for a minimum period of 12 months. In accordance with s12(1)(e) of the Employment Permits Act 2006 as amended, a new employment permit (for a different employer) cannot be considered if less than 12 months has elapsed since the permit holder first commenced employment in the State pursuant to an employment permit. This refusal reason attempts to strike a reasonable balance between, on the one hand, the employer’s expectations that the foreign national remain in his or her employment for a reasonable period of time given the costs involved in recruiting that foreign national and, on the other hand, not unduly binding the foreign national to the employer."

asdf

Re: Critical Skills Reapply

Post by asdf » Tue May 18, 2021 5:11 pm

Yes, I am confused about this because there is a gap of 4-3-4 months between leaving an old job and a new offer. A new employer is okay with everything . DBEI will issue me a permit or not.