Student Visa and bringing dependants

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
senthileie
Antispam: No

Student Visa and bringing dependants

Post by senthileie » Sun May 16, 2021 7:05 pm

Hi
Can someone come to ireland in student visa to study and also bring her kids as dependents along with her here as she is a single mother. I understand that the general rule does not allow this, but I was looking for any possibilities of an exception here and is there a way to build a special case to bring her here.

girish_m
Seasoned Member

Re: Student Visa and bringing dependants

Post by girish_m » Sun May 16, 2021 9:11 pm

@senthileie : As a general rule non-EEA students coming to Ireland have no right to bring their family with them. Spouses, partners and children of non-EEA nationals can apply to enter and live in Ireland in their own right, but they cannot apply on the basis of their relationship to a non-EEA student. There are some exceptions to this rule, for example, for Ph.D. students or for students who can prove they have sufficient funds to support their family.

senthileie

Re: Student Visa and bringing dependants

Post by senthileie » Mon May 17, 2021 9:02 am

thanks Girish- i saw this rule as well. I was just wondering if there is any other option other than this which can work out as an exception. She is a BE graduate and could do a higher study ( but not PHD) .and she may be able to show sufficient funds to show support her and her family. I am not sure if this will work.