Work permit salary deduction

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
sskg
Antispam: No

Work permit salary deduction

Post by sskg » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:57 pm

Hi,

I am in the process of applying for a CSWP. As my employer doesn't assist me with the application so unfortunately, I am doing it myself. I have a question on the salary deduction fields if anyone can help with the below?

My gross salary is 40000, no bonuses. I intend to join the company pension plan which I contribute 6% and the employer contributes 12%. The offer doesn't include health insurance but I have the option to join the VHI one which costs like 1400 EUR. However, the health insurance option can only be chosen from April next year. Before then I have to purchase myself.

My questions are:

1. What is the difference between gross remuneration and salary? In my case are they both 40k?
2. Gross Weekly Salary should be (40000/52)?
3. Deductions from Gross Weekly Salary: should this be (40000*0.06 + 1400)/52? Even if my first-year employment doesn't include the VHI? purpose of deductions should be pension and health insurance?
4. "Are payments in respect of health insurance part of the remuneration package?" ---should I say Yes or No?

Thank you!!
Shashank

balac_m
Seasoned Member

Re: Work permit salary deduction

Post by balac_m » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:08 pm

1. remuneration includes bonus, all other benefits, etc but the salary is salary alone
2. Yes
3. Yes. The pension deducted from the net salary.
4. No

sskg

Re: Work permit salary deduction

Post by sskg » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:28 pm

balac_m wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:08 pm
1. remuneration includes bonus, all other benefits, etc but the salary is salary alone
2. Yes
3. Yes. The pension deducted from the net salary.
4. No
Thank you so much!!