IRP with ICT Work Permit Expired. Can Old IRP Card be Renewed with CSEP Work Permit?

Discussion about Irish Immigration & Visa issues.
Please Note: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information presented here. Use it at your own risk
DV2802
Antispam: No

IRP with ICT Work Permit Expired. Can Old IRP Card be Renewed with CSEP Work Permit?

Post by DV2802 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:49 pm

Hi,

I was in Ireland earlier with ICT work permit.
I went back to India and my IRP expired.

Now I have CSEP work permit.

My query is: do I need to apply for a complete new IRP again?
Or I need to do an online renewal of my expired IRP card?

I have been trying to book for IRP appoint for quite a long time now but without any luck so far.
Thus I wanted to check with the seasoned members of this group if my old and expired IRP card can be renewed for a different work permit?

Thanks!

girish_m
Seasoned Member

Re: IRP with ICT Work Permit Expired. Can Old IRP Card be Renewed with CSEP Work Permit?

Post by girish_m » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:59 am

@DV2802: I am assuming that you are in India now. Without a valid IRP you would need visa to enter Ireland. As per Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service website, "All such permissions that are due to expire from 21 April 2021 to 20 September 2021 are automatically renewed by the Minister to 20 September 2021."

The fee for both new IRP or renewal is the same so I guess it is beneficial to apply afresh as you get an extended validity when compared to your expired card.

DV2802

Re: IRP with ICT Work Permit Expired. Can Old IRP Card be Renewed with CSEP Work Permit?

Post by DV2802 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:57 pm

Thanks for your response.

So what I understand is, I can opt for renewal of my expired irp card while I am back in Ireland again(I have valid visa).

Pls correct me if I am wrong.

girish_m
Seasoned Member

Post by girish_m » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:57 am

I don't think so. Ideally, one should renew IRP before it expires. There are some relaxations and you have to inform but it depends on the stamp one is holding and circumstances leading to non-renewal in time. In your case there is also change in Employment Permit.

Renewal in Dublin is through online system. You may want to give it a try to see if the system allows you to renew online.